Tuesday, August 7, 2018

#Admin - Quick admin-y post...

Hey all,

First off, I'm beyond stoked that the blog has gotten more than 100 page views in a bit over a week since I started. I'm happy that people are finding the blog and hopeful it's being found useful.

On the advice of my Chief Security Officer, my Head Counsellor, my Consigliere, and someone who I'll term the Great Wise Woman (all of whom are the same person, who also answers to "my wife"), I've changed the moderation settings on the blog from Google+ to Blogger's moderation scheme. As a result, I'll get notifications of comments looking to be posted (which, for whatever reason, wasn't happening even though they should've shown up in 3 different places. At least according to "the Internet").  This is a good thing in that I can:

  1. actually find out when people are posting, and
  2. I'll be able to spot horrible people trying to say and do horrible things and stop them cold in their tracks! Sounds very bad-ass. I could end up being some kind of superhero, stopping trolls in their tracks! 
What that change means, though, is that for the comments there were on the blog, done under the Google+ system, they are now gone.

Grumph

And so my sincerest apologies for that (not at all happy that a little warning sign didn't pop up warning me that the existing Google+ comments would simply be deleted and not, as I'd thought would happen, be put into a queue for me to approve).

I do hope, however, that this change will allow for more comments. Under the old system, only people with a Google+ account could comment. I'm hoping the new system will create a better flow of comments and conversations.

Enough of my taking up valuable space that could be devoted to more math content! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there - thanks for your comment! It's always a pleasure to converse with someone who's interested in math.

As part of the security for this page, I've turned moderation on - so I have to look at your comment before it goes on the page (which will prevent horrible people trying to say and do horrible things here). I'll have your comment posted shortly and far more importantly a response in short order after that.

Feel free to share this page if you find it at all helpful!
Parz

Popular Posts